The David Collins Studio opened in 1985 where the interior designer and architect started to create the interiors for London institutions such as The Wolseley, Claridge’s Bar, Nobu Berkeley, J Sheekey and The Connaught’s bar.
The David Collins Studio opened in 1985 where the interior designer and architect started to create the interiors for London institutions such as The Wolseley, Claridge’s Bar, Nobu Berkeley, J Sheekey and The Connaught’s bar and now have their name in the stores of international fashion brands such has Bergdorf Goodman, Harrods, Jimmy Choo and Alexandre Macqueen.
SEE ALSO:10 INTERIOR DESIGNERS TO KEEP AN EYE ONDavid Collins was born in Dublin, Irland, in 1955 and died in London on July 17, 2013. He was 58 years old but he left is named in the world, he left a name that one can immediately associate with sophisticated interior design.
In the present moment, the CEO of the David Collins Studio is Iain Watson who is intimate with every element of the studio since he and David Collins himself over 30 years ago imagined a studio that was founded on the principles of collaboration and creativity and on a globally recognized brand that is a leader in the design and delivery of architectural and interior designs project.
Here are 6 distinct projects that the David Collins Studio has recently created!
1) The Collins Room, Manhattan, NYC, USA
This room was inspired by the Blue Bar that David Collins created in the Berkeley Hotel in London but reinterpreted for a private home. The sense of grandeur and luxury is achieved by the unexpected use of color, materials and textures which are the hallmark of David Collins Studio´s Projects.
David Collins: http://www.davidcollins.com/projects/residential/the-collins-room-manhattan-nyc-usa
2) The Gate Suites, the London West Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
The gate suites at the London west Hollywood were designed by David Collins studio for the Blackstone group in 2014. They are located on the ninth floor of the hotel and take their inspiration on the Hyde Park. The design features the evolution of the studio design furniture created for the Hotel and artwork that interprets the Hyde Park gates.David Collins: http://www.davidcollins.com/projects/hotels/the-gate-suites-the-london-west-hollywood-los-angeles-california-usa
3) Scarpetta, Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Florida, USALocated in the well- know Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel designed by Morris Lapidus,the designs remote to the Mid- Century Italian Design and Features with a touch to the references of subtle nautical motifs.
David Collins: http://www.davidcollins.com/projects/restaurants/scarpetta-fontainebleau-miami-beach-florida-usa
4) John Barrett salon, manhattan, NYC, USA
Located on the ninth floor of the Bergdorf goodman building on the fifth avenue, the iconic john Garrett hair and beauty salon was opened in 1996. Space offers spectacular views of central park, which are today a calming and luxurious complement to the vibrant energy found inside the salon designed by David collins studio.David Collins: http://www.davidcollins.com/projects/wellness/john-barrett-salon
5) The Charles, manhattan, NYC, USAThe Charles is a sophisticated condominium located in Manhattan´s Upper East Sid, it involves a European sensibility throughout its interior architecture and design as you may see on the following picture:David Collins: http://www.davidcollins.com/projects/residential/the-charles-manhattan-nyc
6) Avenue, Long Branch, New Jersey, USAAvenue is a beach club where the design has been inspired by the reflection of the sun on the sand and the sea, it is based on a palette of sun-bleached colors of grays and oranges. It opened in 2006.David Collins: http://www.davidcollins.com/projects/bars/avenue-long-branch-new-jersey-usaSEE ALSO:10 INTERIOR DESIGNERS TO KEEP AN EYE ON
So? What will be your choice? We hope you liked today´s article. Feel free to pin all the images to your favorite Pinterest board or to print it and use in your mood board. Don’t forget to explore our Pinterest for more Contemporary Lighting Ideas. You can also take a look at our Instagram profile for frequent updates with inspiring content!